Mar 3, 2009

Snow, Ballet

Telephone Boxes It was still snowing in the morning so the Uncles took the children out and played snowy games in the two inches or so that had laid on the ground. Personally I would have preferred to watch from indoors but instead went for a walk in the snow.

Later the cunning plan was for the ladies to go to see Swan Late in Cambridge. We were anticipating problems with the roads but once we'd made it off the ice rinks of the local residential roads the driving was pretty good. I wasn't invited to the ballet but though I'd toddle around Cambridge seeing what was what.

And toddle I did while they were in the warmth of the theatre. It was cold! And slippery! Kings College was closed just in case any poor student should trip and fall. Poor dears.

I was never one for remembering my way around Cambridge so I spent a long time wandering around in circles. In fact the one time I branched out I got lost and it was only by turning around and looking at roadsigns that I realised that I was headed on a course for Peterborough, or somewhere.

By all accounts Eloise enjoyed the bally, most impressed by the tight tights and so on. Though that might have been her Mum. There were a few choice quotes, but Nicole should really cover those.

No comments:

Post a Comment